Shrimp Bruschetta with Greenjoy Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled & deveined
- ½ cup olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup Greenjoy Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 French baguette
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- 1/4 cup Greenjoy Classic or Spicy Rosemary Salad Mixers
- cucumber slices, scallions & sprouts for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450º.
- Gently pat shrimp dry with a paper towel. On a baking sheet, top shrimp with ¼ cup olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, garlic powder, paprika and a dash of cayenne pepper. Turn the shrimp to coat both sides, then place ﬂat in a single layer. Bake shrimp in the oven for 4–7 minutes, ﬂipping once halfway through. Shrimp will turn from gray to a light pink when cooked. Do not overcook. Let shrimp cool slightly, chop into bite-sized pieces and place in a mixing bowl. Add Greenjoy Blue Cheese Vinaigrette and cilantro. Gently mix.
- While shrimp are in the oven, slice baguette into ½ inch rounds. On a baking sheet, place the sliced bread in a single layer and drizzle with ¼ cup olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Bake at 450° for 5–7 minutes until slightly browned. Upon removing from the oven, rub the top of each slice with the cut side of the garlic clove.
- Place a spoonful of the shrimp mixture onto each slice of toasted bread and garnish with Toppers, thinly sliced cucumbers and a pinch of sprouts or sliced scallions. Makes 15–20 pieces.