Skip to content
Shrimp Tacos With Spicy Mayo
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1½ teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1 ½ teaspoons paprika, divided
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 lime, zested and halved for juicing
- ¾ cup cilantro, chopped and divided
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- Cayenne pepper (if desired)
- 10 small soft corn tortillas
- 1 bunch arugula, chopped (approx. 1 cup)
- ½ cup Peppadew™ peppers, chopped (optional)
- 1½ cup sprouts
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Pat shrimp dry with a paper towel. On baking sheet, place shrimp in a single layer. Drizzle with olive oil, then sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder and 1 teaspoon paprika. Roast 3–4 minutes, then flip the shrimp and cook another 2 minutes. Do not overcook shrimp. Shrimp will turn pink and will no longer be translucent when cooked.
- In a separate bowl, mix together mayonnaise, sour cream, ½ teaspoon lime zest, 1½ teaspoons lime juice, 1½ teaspoons cilantro, minced garlic, ½ teaspoon paprika and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Set aside.
- Warm tortillas over a low flame on a gas stove, turning often, or steam in a bamboo steamer. Wrap heated tortillas in a cloth or clean towel to keep warm. In the center of each tortilla, place 1 tablespoon of the Spicy Mayo mixture, arugula, shrimp, Peppadew peppers, sprouts, cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice. Makes 5–6 servings.