Sweet Potato Ravioli with Greenjoy Blackberry Vinaigrette
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- ¾ cup reserved cooking water (see below)
- 8 ounces herbed goat cheese, room temperature
- Kosher salt
- White pepper
- Zest of 3 lemons
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves (approx. 20 leaves)
- 1 12 oz package of wonton wrappers (3–3½ inch squares)
- Small bowl of water
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- Greenjoy Blackberry Vinaigrette
- Steam sweet potato cubes until soft, approximately 20-25 minutes. Let sweet potatoes cool, then place into a blender with ½ cup of reserved cooking water and ⅛ teaspoon salt. Purée until smooth. Use additional reserved water as needed if purée is too thick.
- On each wonton square, place ½ teaspoon of goat cheese, 1 teaspoon of sweet potato purée and a pinch of each of the following: lemon zest, salt and white pepper. Top each with half of a basil leaf.
- Lightly wet the edges of the wonton wrapper by using your ﬁnger or a pastry brush dipped in the bowl of water. Fold each wrapper in half diagonally to form triangles and press the moistened edges to seal. If any air bubbles form inside the wrap, gently press the center of the triangle while closing the sides.
- In a nonstick sauté pan, heat the olive oil to medium-low heat and sauté the ravioli until lightly browned, cooking in batches (1–2 minutes per side). Drizzle with Greenjoy Blackberry Vinaigrette and garnish with thinly sliced basil leaves and lemon zest. Serve warm. Makes 45 pieces.